[time-nuts] HP5065A digital clock info

Robert LaJeunesse rlajeunesse at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 28 21:04:58 UTC 2011

Yes, the seconds count really fast in the "Slow" set mode, but the goal in this
mode is to set minutes, not seconds. To set the seconds one advances past the
current time and uses the "Hold" function to prevent counting until the display
is on target. "Fast" set mode clocks the minutes at line frequency to advance
hours at a decent rate. FWIW I worked in National's digital apps group around
when the MM5311 series was designed, IIRC originally for a Motorola dispatch
console. Have a 5314 running in my living room, as it has done faithfully since
the early 1970s.

Bob LaJeunesse