[time-nuts] HP 5065a Rb ref update and question on time scale

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 00:25:57 UTC 2011

Well the 5065a has settled in very nicely from its failure that I documented
for everyone.
Its at specification and actually 2nd harmonics actually higher then the
original numbers by 10 units.

But as I went through the process to realign it to GPS several questions
came up.
The time scale has always been set to 8714. A offset of -250 x 10 ^-10.
Wouldn't gps be 0.000 offset or 9159?
By the way if 9159 is selected the system looses lock. It seems touchy many
settings unlock and I may have a A1 synth problem.
If the system is locked. If the synth is incremented or decremented by 1
count shouldn't there be essentially a small change in the offset? Becoming
larger as more digits are selected? Again I think this is pointing to a
 issue in the divider change. Heck could be a bad counter or dirty selector
switches even.

Thanks for your comments
Regards
Paul