[time-nuts] Fail on HP5065A PSU repair

Randy D. Hunt randy_hunt960 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 00:33:46 UTC 2012

On 4/1/2012 4:53 PM, paul swed wrote:
> Yes thats what makes old gear fun.
> It costs $0 up front and lots of time ongoing.
> :-)
>
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Magnus Danielson<magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
>> wrote:
>> Fellow time-nuts,
>>
>> I'm sure you all have done this at least once. Repaired something up,
>> feeling happy about it, slap it in and then if fails on you again.
>>
>> The transformer in the DC-DC converter failed again. Popped the lid even.
>>
>> *sigh* I think I will have to rebuild that from scratch.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Magnus

This is where you find another junker for pennies or free for parts and
hope it isn't the same problem.  I had an HP 54502a scope that started
to reboot randomly.  Instead of fixing it, I feel I would be money ahead
and bought another one for parts.  Got it at a better price than the
first one and guess what, it worked better too. . .

Randy, KI6WAS