[time-nuts] Opera coordinator has resigned

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Mon Apr 2 14:57:22 UTC 2012

El 02/04/2012 16:14, J. Forster escribió:
> If the FTL neutrino "discovery" had been kept quiet until fully vetted, he
> probably would not have had to resign.

I suppose so... Also, things would have been completely different if the
60ns error would be of the opposite sign, that would lead to the
believing that neutrinos are a bit slower than light and not a bit
faster. This of course would also have been of big impact in the physics
community, but not so big :) and also would not have take even a single
line in the newspapers and other media, except on the specialized ones.
Anyway, I think that it was keep quiet during some time and only made
public when though that it was fully vetted... but as we have seen a
couple of details were overlooked.

In the positive side, as Javier Serrano said, it has been the first time
that neutrino speed has been measured with this precision.

Regards,

Javier