[time-nuts] Improving performance of a GPS antenna...?

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 06:31:04 UTC 2012

Hi Brooke,
RAM mat is a good idea, but I'm not sure that signal blocking is a good test, it could just be reflecting. A better test is to put a small piece in a microwave along with a cup of water (as dummy load) and see how hot it gets. Best done at low power and short time when household manager is not around. The smell if burning rubber in the microwave may not go down well.

Robert G8RPI.