[time-nuts] 5370B Manual - Searchable?

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sat Apr 7 07:36:47 UTC 2012

Hi Ewing,

It's a function of the file.  Most of the old tech manuals we see are
just pictures of text that have been scanned and put into a pdf file.
There's no text so there's nothing to search.  It looks like Phantom has
OCR capabilities so it should be able to take a non-searchable pdf and
change it to a searchable pdf.  How well it does it and how much
post-OCR editing is required is another matter.

Ed