[time-nuts] 5V GPS antenna on 3.3V device?

jmfranke jmfranke at cox.net
Tue Apr 10 11:44:53 UTC 2012

Bias T yes, but also a light load on the receiver antenna jack to let the
receiver know there is an external antenna and thus switch from the internal
patch antenna to the external antenna jack. I determined the required load
resistance by using a resistance box coupled to the antenna and starting at
50K, lowering the resistance until the receiver switched - at which time all
of the signals disappeared. DO NOT GO BELOW ABOUT 200 OHMS.

John  WA4WDL