[time-nuts] Thoughts on lightning protection measures....

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 16:20:37 UTC 2012

One interesting fact: frozen ground is a bad conductor.

The ground potential around your house may go up many 1000s of volts even with just a proximity strike, while the power feed stays down, blowing up anything connected to "ground". Thus the special Nordig surge protection requirements for TV receivers in northern European countries..