[time-nuts] Best location for a GPS antenna...?

jmfranke jmfranke at cox.net
Thu Apr 12 19:07:42 UTC 2012

Of course the answer depends on what you mean by noticeable extent. I am
assuming the mast is less than 3' in diameter and the GPS antenna is at
least a foot away from the mast. I would say for position error larger than
three feet, no and for timing errors larger than 5 nanoseconds, no. This of
course assumes the receiver is capable of that accuracy level. If you try to
go below that, other items in your immediate neighborhood would need to be
examined.

John  WA4WDL