[time-nuts] Re-radiating a GPS signal...??

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Apr 12 19:44:19 UTC 2012

lists at medesign.ro said:
> GPS being extremely time-dependent, any delay introduced will affect
> positioning precision.

I think you will just get the position of the receiving antenna for the
repeater.  It will get the time when the signals arrived at that antenna.

Consider what happens if you replace the air between the repeater's transmit
antenna and the GPS receiver with a chunk of coax.  The key idea is that the
signals from each satellite are delayed the same amount with either a
repeater or coax.