[time-nuts] Lucent 40 dB Antenna

Steve Krull steve-krull at cox.net
Sun Apr 15 02:00:45 UTC 2012

RAF Mormond Hill in Scotland, and what was referred to back then as
"Site 41, NATO,  Location Classified". Getting there and back was a real
hoot, and all my expense reports said on them was "Top Secret - pay as
recorded, no receipts allowed"

I was told that just before decommissioning in (I think) 1992, NATO, the
Danish Air Force, and the USAF acknowledged the presence of a "radar and
communications station known as Site 41" in the Faeroe Islands. There
was also a LORAN-C station there, and some Navy comm equipment of some
sort in one of the tropo radio rooms. Don't know why the location was
classified - the Russian Navy watched it being built and monitored it
continuously...

Steve

On 4/13/2012 9:09 PM, J. L. Trantham wrote:
> Where did you do troposcatter?  I was a co-op student with AT&T and worked
> on their troposcatter system from Homestead, FL, to Nassau, Bahamas.
>
> Joe

>>> Steve