[time-nuts] Chinese Scopes

NeonJohn jgd at neon-john.com
Mon Apr 16 15:46:21 UTC 2012

On 04/16/2012 03:46 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:

> What's the quality of those chinese scopes?

I have one of the Rigol 2 channel 100 MHz 1GHz sampling rate scopes.
Can't recall the model number.  It's the one that either HP or Tek
private labels.

It is superb.  It was with great sadness that I removed my Tek 465 and a
more modern 4 channel unit from my bench and now have them covered and
stored in the back corner of my shop.  I just don't need them.

There is a rumor that one also needs an analog scope.  While that was
true with my FlukeScope, it is not with the Rigol.  It has the look and
feel of an analog storage scope but without the bloom or fade.

Disclaimer: I design induction heaters and so deal mostly with low
frequency (<20MHz) stuff.  I do have one of those scope testers that Tek
used to hand out.  The Rigol looks just like the pictures in the manual
that came with the tester.

John

John DeArmond
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN