[time-nuts] Chinese Scopes (was: Re: LORAN-C at MIT)

Andrea Baldoni erm1eaae7 at ermione.com
Tue Apr 17 00:17:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 05:51:13PM +0000, Marvin Gozum wrote:

> FWIW the 3000 series Agilents were rebadged Rigols.  The newer entry levels
> to mid-range scopes are now all designed and built by Agilent in their
> Malaysia plant.

This means two things: I now know why the overall quality is really lower
in respect to other Agilent stuff and, provide that Agilent didn't ask for
more RAM, improved firmware, or other changes, Rigol scopes have a "easy to
crack case" but ok...

I am now curious to try a real Agilent one.

Best regards,
Andrea Baldoni