[time-nuts] Advice on Synergy M12+ adapter and SYMTRIK SYM-RFT-XX.

Andrew Back andrew at carrierdetect.com
Thu Apr 19 13:18:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

I seem to have been steadily collecting time related equipment and
doing very little with it, finally decided I should do something with
this, and I'd like to start out simple.

So, I have a Motorola M12+ GPS receiver in a Synergy Systems adapter
board, and one of those little Symtrik MSF receiver boards. I'd like
to try and get both working under Linux with ntpd (not at the same
time!), and was hoping that someone might be able to provide some
pointers. Namely:

- Pinout for the P1 adapter on the Synergy Systems board. From the NTP
Oncore driver documentation it looks as though this should be well
supported.

- Advice on how to hook up the Symtrik board and to get that working with NTP

As to the host, I'm looking to use a Raspberry Pi board running Linux:

http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard

This does have a UART, but I think I'll only have TXD and RXD with the
USB<->3.3v serial adapter that I'm using. Though the board does also
have GPIO pins, which I'm hoping I could somehow use for the PPS with
GPS, or with the Symtrik.

Regards,

Andrew

--