[time-nuts] Chinese Scopes

cfo xnews3 at luna.dyndns.dk
Thu Apr 19 21:05:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:40:19 +0000, lists-ATaFeEbBpG8qDJ6do+/SaQ wrote:

> I have the D version. What exactly doesn't work on the logic analyzer? I
> haven't flogged that port. The rest of the scope works well. The PC
> interface is messy on win 7 64 bit, but as I staed before, China runs on
> bootleg win XP.
>
> The infamous price break on the E version happened about two days after
> I bought the D version. Prior to the price drop, the added cost for the
> logic analyzer wasn't much. With the price drop, it may not pay to get
> the D version.

I might have been a bit hasty there (sorry).

It was the older C model had problems with their analyzer , and Rigol
never fixed that.
So it was assumed that the errors might never have been fixed , and was
present in the D's.
http://hackaday.com/2010/03/10/50mhz-to-100mhz-scope-conversion/comment-
page-1/#comment-129345

But it's my understanding that there is no protocol decoding in the D's ,
so i'd still suggest an external LA.

CFO