[time-nuts] Question about precise frequency / phase measurement

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Apr 20 13:49:46 UTC 2012

It is a circuit that they for instance use in the 2110 where they take the
reference input in case of 10 MHz divide by 2 and also divide the 5 MHz
down to  500 Hz use an exor and out comes 5.000500 MHz filtered and divided by
5. The  result is 1.000100 MHz which is mixed with the unknown divided to 1
MHz. The  result is 100 Hz counted with a 100 MHz period counter and you
have 1 E 12 in a  second. My counter which is part of the system and thanks to
Richard MCC is a  PIC, has 0.1, 1, 10 and 100 seconds gate time. The 100 or
200 MHz are generated  from the reference channel. All logic is in a
MAX3000A G/A. The output is RS 232  and can also be stored on a USB memory stick,
no PC needed. Austron uses a Xtal  as a filter and I use 2 because I do not
have access to their Xtal but it works.  A nicer solution would be to use an
AD 9833 DDS but it would require an   additional PIC to do the math since
the DDS can not produce an exact 1.000100  MHz. If some one is willing to do
that chip please contact me off list.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 4/20/2012 6:56:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
attila at kinali.ch writes:

Moin

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:18:24 -0400  (EDT)
EWKehren at aol.com wrote:

> I have quite a collection of  equipment and have build Dual Mixer, PICTIC

> and what I think is  best for you a circuit I call the Austron circuit.

What is this  "Austron Circuit"? And how does it look like? :-)

Attila Kinali

--
The trouble with you, Shev,  is you don't say anything until you've saved
up a whole truckload of damned  heavy brick arguments and then you dump