[time-nuts] About Racal Dana tactile switches

Fabio Eboli fabioeb at quipo.it
Sun Apr 22 11:44:41 UTC 2012

Hello, this is my first message on this list,
I've read the recent thread about racal dana's switches,
this is the way i've done it:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/pulsantenuovo1r.jpg/

in this thread more details:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/product-reviews-photos-and-discussion/racal-dana-1992-teardown/msg90950/#msg90950

A little crude but in a pair of hours i swapped all the switches.
To obtain the proper tip shape to fit the original caps,
i cutted a cross in a 2mm thick little brass plate and
fixed it to a soldering iron, found the correct
flow temperature of the plastic and the work was simple.

The switches are normal 6x6mm tactile, only they tend to bounce sometime.

Fabio.