[time-nuts] PICTIC II ready-made?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:21:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Randy D. Hunt <randy_hunt960 at yahoo.com>wrote:

Then there is also the matter of surface mount components.  Some people my
> not physically be able to work with them, learning to solder or not.  I am
> rapidly joining that group be cause of my vision.

Get yourself a web-cam or an used "DV" video camera with a firewire cable
(Sony had a difference name or it "xxxlink" maybe?)   You may need to add
some dioptors to the camera lens (an ordinary magnifying glass works too)
and certainly aim a desk lamp at the work.

Then you aim the camera straight down and watch the work on a large
computer monitor.  I can make the smaller chips look 2 inches wide on my
screen.   It is more comfortable to use the big LCD monitor than a
microscope.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California