[time-nuts] PICTIC II ready-made?

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:35:42 UTC 2012

I have been looking at CPLD and FPGA designs for aggregating the logic
required but keep running up against their lack of jitter
specifications for asynchronous applications.  Is the part and
development cost worth replacing a handful of discrete logic when the
CPLD or FPGA is dedicated to such a small function?

I figured I would just have to try a couple of designs and measure how
well they do.