[time-nuts] PICTIC II ready-made?

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Apr 27 18:56:36 UTC 2012

Contact me off list and I will be glad to work with you. Test board  etc.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 4/27/2012 2:36:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
davidwhess at gmail.com writes:

I have  been looking at CPLD and FPGA designs for aggregating the logic
required  but keep running up against their lack of jitter
specifications for  asynchronous applications.  Is the part and
development cost worth  replacing a handful of discrete logic when the
CPLD or FPGA is dedicated to  such a small function?

I figured I would just have to try a couple of  designs and measure how
well they do.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:54:57  -0400 (EDT), EWKehren at aol.com wrote:

>The Altera Max 3000A as I  mentioned before will do all TTL devices, it
has
>an extensive  library easy to use and very cheap. All That at 200 MHz. I
>became  a  believer and others I introduced to it love it to. In an hour
from
>downloading  the free software you can have your first design. If  I can
do it
>every body can  do it.
>Bert  Kehren
>

>In a message dated 4/27/2012 9:53:16 A.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
>attila at kinali.ch  writes:
>
>On Wed,  25 Apr 2012 19:17:43 -0300
>Daniel  Mendes <dmendesf at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> About  replacing the 74ACT175... there´s a company called  "Potato Semi"

>> (well.. they make "chips", right?) whose sole business  is  to make damn
>> fast 74 logic. Their chips can be bought at ebay  in  small quantities.
>> Look at this 600MHz D flip  flop:
>>
>>   http://www.potatosemi.com/potatosemiweb/datasheet/PO74G74A.pdf
>
>Hmm...   looks interesting. Though, i probably would take
>standard ECL instead  of  those because of higher availability
>(you can get them from  mouser, digikey  & co).
>
>But good to know that at least  someone is still trying to  improve
>standard 74xx devices, for all  those who do not want to use an
CPLD/FPGA.