[time-nuts] GPS, USGS Early Earthquake Warning

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Apr 28 16:36:17 UTC 2012

Hi Hal:

In the talk there was a slide showing a comparison between ground position calculated from an accelerometer and a real
time precision GPS.
The Accelerometer is AC coupled and so misses the DC coupled GPS answer that shows the permanent ground movement.
I'm guessing it takes a GPS receiver that has 100 Hz or faster outputs that can be reduced to cm or better position to
do this.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com