[time-nuts] PICDIV for 1 min pulses

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Apr 30 00:20:54 UTC 2012

Hi

The problem is a bit more complex than simply getting a pulse at the second / minute. At least back when I last got into this - the pulses need to be the proper width. In some cases you need pairs of pulses in the right order.

Simple solution - feed the Rb 10 MHz into the clock input on a PIC (or what ever) and write some simple code to generate exactly what is needed for the specific stepper or escarpment.  Since the Rb is a power hog there's no advantage to low power in this case. For the 5680's you need some outboard "stuff" anyway. Just drop the PIC onto the board with the +5 regulator and DB-9 connector on it.

Bob