[time-nuts] Trimble recommends RG-59 Antenna Cable.

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Apr 30 11:33:06 UTC 2012

Hi

Low noise receiver inputs are often mismatched to optimize noise figure. Receiving antennas may / may not be well matched to a given impedance. That all makes the mismatch loss a bit of a random thing. Some of the early Trimble docs mention that they saw essentially no mismatch loss when they swapped 50 ohm for 75 ohm cable.

I'd strongly recommend that you use quad shield satellite TV coax rather than RG-59 though.

Bob