[time-nuts] Tag Heuer Mikrogirder

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Aug 1 16:49:34 UTC 2012

I think its a variation on the tuning fork system that Bulova used.

I think the point they are trying to make is that a balance wheel
system ticks 4,5, or 6 times each second, which limits its
resolution to 1/4, 1/5th, or 1/6th of a second.  This watch
beats 1000 times per second, which limits its resolution to
1/1000th of a second.

Apparently this thing moves so fast that the second hand sweeps
20 revolutions each second!

-Chuck Harris