[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution T

Michael Tharp gxti at partiallystapled.com
Mon Aug 6 17:54:16 UTC 2012

On 08/06/2012 12:57 PM, Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking at the Resolution T from Trimble
> (http://www.trimble.com/timing/resolution-t.aspx).
>
> Does anyone here connected it successfully to a computer?
>
> Are the voltages compatible with RS232 or do I need some converter?

It is 3.3v logic-level UART which is not RS-232 compatible. I have
designed an interface board that should be compatible -- it was designed
for the Resolution SMT carrier board, but both boards seem to have the
same footprint, connector, pinout, etc. The Resolution SMT is available
cheaply on ebay (from China of course) and has slightly better
specifications.

You can also get logic-level UART cables from Sparkfun, adafruit, etc.
but you will need a way to connect to the 2mm pitch header as well as a
3.3V power supply, the interface board takes care of all of this.

The first batch of interface boards was mailed out early last week and I
am eagerly awaiting reports of success. There's a second batch with at
least 2 free boards on the way so shoot me an email off-list if you're
interested, $20 USD plus shipping. More details here:

http://partiallystapled.com/pages/pps_piggy.html

-- m. tharp