[time-nuts] What size graphs do people like? (How big is yourscreen?)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Aug 8 06:57:19 UTC 2012

albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> So you are saying that SVG can't work because one example of it is broken.
>   Also, there are other vector formats, like Postscript and PDF.

No.  I think my ISP's web server has a simple misconfiguration.

It does work for ps and pdf, at least with my copy of Firefox.
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/test/

ps and pdf, at least the way I see them, are not in the same boat as SVG.
SVG is an image format that can easily be included in a html page.  ps and
pdf are stand alone.  They assume they control the whole setup and are
targeted at paper.  Think 8.5x11 or A4.

Yes, if you have a good pdf display program, you can zoom in/out.  But I
haven't seen pdf graphs included inside normal html pages.

Again, my knowledge of this area is not-great.  I could easily have missed
something.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.