[time-nuts] 60Hz extra PPS: got one

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Aug 10 08:51:18 UTC 2012

Actually, there were 2 extra pulses.

Here is the PPS view:
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-09-a-pick.png
(Samples every 10 seconds.)

Here is the audio view:
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-09-a0.png
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-09-a1.png
(16 bit audio, 8 KHz)

I noticed a couple of other fishy areas:
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-09-b0.png
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-09-b1.png
They didn't confuse the PPS collector.

I'm probably overlooking lots of similar glitches.  I only noticed that pair
because the first one happened at the bottom of a cycle and that was big
enough to stand out.  I noticed the second one because it was close enough to
the first one.

Anybody got software to emulate a PLL?  I'm looking for something that will
track a sine wave and tell me when it finds noise.

I haven't seen any of the ground problems in the last day or so.  I don't
know if that is just luck or if upgrading to Fedora 17 fixed something.  (Or
maybe I accidentally fixed something.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.