[time-nuts] Z3815A Antenna Connection Question

Jerry jsternmd at att.net
Tue Aug 14 02:14:43 UTC 2012

I am new to the group.  Recently got a Z3815A (module type) and was
looking at ZL1BPU's User Guide.  Don't ask me why but before I
soldered a BNC coax to the bottom antenna pads I checked them with an
ohmmeter and found 2.5K across the signal pad and ground.  I was
surprised since there will be a 5VDC across them when powered.  I
don't have a schematic . is this correct?
Perhaps someone with a ZA3815A can put an ohmmeter across their
antenna connector and confirm if normal finding?  I am reluctant to
power it up if a potential problem exists that I could make worse.
Much appreciated
TIA
Jerry
K1JOS