[time-nuts] new member with questions NTP, PRS, GPS, ocxo

ken johnson bats059 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 20:54:53 UTC 2012

Again on power consumption, I used to run my web server (ubuntu
10.04lts) on a fanless mini-itx board, about 30 or so watts- now it's
on a BeagleBone arm board about the size of a credit card, still
running ubuntu , consumption is down to a whole 2 watts. I have it
running ntp and serving time to the rest of my home network. Even 'er
indoors thinks that sort of power consumption is acceptable!