[time-nuts] Modern motherboard with RS232 port

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 00:38:26 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The pi doesn't have a conventional serial port. It does have a TTL serial
> on the 28 pin connector. There are also IRQ pins on the same connector.
> Since they go directly to the CPU chip, hardware latency should be pretty
> good.

Is there a PPS device driver on the version of Linux that runs on this
board?    In theory all you need is the interrupt pin and a high speed
(usec or nanosec counter) counter that can be captured by the device
driver.  But even with this hardware has anyone written the device driver?

I don't understand the comment about no well tuned ntp.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California