[time-nuts] Z3815A Internal SMA 10Mhz Output

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 09:28:04 UTC 2012

Not "every" GPSDO has a 10MHz OCXO.

5MHz is, or was, quite common, and I've come across at least one GPSDO
with a 10MHz output that I assumed would use a 10MHz OCXO but that  also turned
out to be based on a 5MHz unit.

Then there's the variant of the Trak Microwave 8821B, as just one  example,
that uses a 16.384MHz OCXO from which they derive  a 2.048MHz output
without 10MHz anywhere in sight.
When I bought one of those a few years ago I assumed that  all 8821Bs would
be 10MHz GPSDOs, or some nice round figure  anyway, and it never even
occured to me to ask whether it might be  otherwise, which in this particular
instance turned out to be a rather  expensive mistake:-)

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR