[time-nuts] HP-5065a bought and finally working!

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Wed Aug 22 12:22:27 UTC 2012

Edgardo,

Congrats on getting the 5065A up and operational.  Make sure the A11 Board
(Temperature Controller) is all OK.  Failure there can destroy the A12 RVFR
Assembly.  There is a lot of 'expertise' on the list for this unit.

What is the serial number of your unit and what is the part number of the
manual you have?

I have a couple of manuals and I may also have the 'change sheets' that
updates the manual to your serial number.  It may take me a while to chase
that down but if I have the 'change sheets', I can scan them and send them
to you.

I have not heard of anyone 'disciplining' the 5065A by GPS, other than by
hand from week to week.  However, the 105B has a built in connection on the
back that is great for that purpose (negative slope, as I recall) and I have
done that using a Brooks Shera controller board and the 1 PPS from my TBolt.
It works quite well.

Joe