[time-nuts] GPSD-Rb

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Wed Aug 22 16:41:09 UTC 2012

Exactly. Every GPSRb works by adjusting the C-field: sort of let me (the
algorithm/GPS pair) calibrate your Rb for the long term (aging) variation
that every Rb has. The Rb is not good in the long term (100000 seconds),
not as good as a working and receiving GPS receiver. The Rb (as a whole)
*is* an expensive OCXO that has good short term stability, paired with a
disciplining algorithm and a GPS it becomes like a Cs (and maybe even
better in the short term).