[time-nuts] Trak 8821B ---- was Z3815A Internal SMA 10Mhz Output

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Wed Aug 22 20:30:14 UTC 2012

Hi Nigel,

> With regards to the Oncore VP carrier phase measurement option, I'm  not
> too sure that the 8821B does actually make use of that.

The "Z" is a pure software option, to enable the phase capability already
in all of the VP receivers. So you pay extra, but get exactly the same
hardware. Since they optimised away IRIG and other function, I find it
unlikely they would have premium Z options in the VP if it was not used. I
should try to snoop on the communication between the VP and the
microcontroller in the 8821.

--

   Björn