[time-nuts] Rb short-term noise (was RE: Is this a cesium...)

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 17:02:37 UTC 2012

It seems by collecting data while changing the loop time that hump or
knee could be mathematically removed, which with good quartz could be the
beginning of a very serious standard.

Thomas Knox

> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:10:41 +0200
> From: azelio.boriani at screen.it
> To: time-nuts at febo.com
> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Rb short-term noise (was RE: Is this a cesium...)
>
> OK, so speeding up the disciplining will shift the hump on the left and
> rise it, while slowing down will shift to the right and lower it.

It seems by collecting data while changing the loop time that hump or knee could be mathematically removed, which with good quartz could be a beginning of a very serious standard.