[time-nuts] newbie question Thunderbolt supply

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Aug 26 00:09:12 UTC 2012

Hi

The easy way to do a TBolt supply is to start with something between 15 and 18 volts.  Regulate down to 12 and 5 with linear regulators. 7805's are fine for the +5. Something like a LT1764 might be better for the +12. The -12 supply is very low current and does not matter much. People have had good luck with voltage inversion chips off the +15 and then something like a 79L12.

Bob