[time-nuts] Bullet Chronograph

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Mon Aug 27 04:56:45 UTC 2012

Hi, Paul--

I have several different ballistic chronographs-- only one of the
ones I have interfaces to a laptop (Oehler Ballistic Laboratory
model).

There are inexpensive chronographs available for a little
over $100.

Some models do provide interface to a laptop as well as
a LOT of built-in functions such as this one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/773378/ced-millennium-2-chronograph-system

CED Millennium 2 Chronograph System

Over 1000 shot capacity with up to 500 string permanent memory
Records velocities from 50 fps to 7,000 fps
High, Low, Average, & Hi-Average velocity readings
Extreme Spread & Standard Deviation
Edit & Omit functions
Built-in Calculator
IPSC / IDPA Power Factor computation Function
New Data Collector Software program included
Meter or feet recording
10X Mode - records slower velocities in decimeters
Voice Chip technology - Results can be heard as well as seen
On / Off control, with no-memory loss "Auto-Shut Down" mode
PC Downloads - USB interface for fast, software downloads of stored data
Data Collector Software program included
Low battery warning indicator
Back-up battery storage
Operating Temperature range (0°C to 50°C)

Mike Baker