[time-nuts] newbie question Thunderbolt supply

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 10:48:29 UTC 2012

Chris
Starting with 3.4 W used by the Tbolt my battery version burns 4.4 W.  Using a switcher do generate 7 V   4.8 W and running the 7805 directly from 14.5 V 6.2.W. I use like you an IC temp sensor, two stage op amp driving a fan holding the backplate temp constant and total power goes up to 7.6 W since the oven has to work harder. T bolt, switchers and all regulators are on the other side of the 3/32" Alu plate. The AC switcher is not included in the power numbers. but is also on the plate. Plate is held at 40 C.
I am looking for a way to more closely couple the Tbolt circuit board to the back plate and am looking for the material switchers use between semiconductor and cooling plate Any one know where I can buy it in sheet form?
Bert Kehren