[time-nuts] Lucent RTGm-II-XO Slow Acquisition

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 05:33:14 UTC 2012

Hi Jerry ;
I assume you mean RFTGm-II-XO. The cell sites usually had an Andrew 26dB antenna with a real short coax run. They also had a 40dB antenna option if needed. Unless you have a long coax run the Symmetricom ant should be ideal.  I don't think the RFTGm-II-XO lock as quickly the Thundebolt but yours sounds like something is not right. Does the software allow you to set mask angle and PDOP? It could be set to high and be ignoring Sats. It also could possibly be set for a past fixed location.  I have a few RFTGm-II-XO/RFTGm-II-RB combos but have never played with the software.  Where did you find your software? And do you have a manual?
Thanks;
Thomas Knox