[time-nuts] clock-block any need ?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 28 16:18:51 UTC 2012

On 12/28/12 7:56 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> Everything I've seen on the Adruino are "single chip wonders". They encapsulate the entire TCP/IP stack on the external chip. That will make getting at anything pretty tough.

Well, they also do UDP..(at least the Wiznet 5100 does)..
I was wondering if the timing from "UDP datagram received" to "some
signal that Arduino sees" was deterministic at a useful level...

The Arduino code I've looked at seems to be at a "sockets" kind of
interface and there is an interrupt from the hardware when something
arrives.