[time-nuts] GPSDO compare FTS-4060

Chris Howard chris at elfpen.com
Sun Dec 30 01:08:01 UTC 2012

Today I arrived home from a trip to Cleveland
to pick up my FTS-4060 Cesium standard.

About 45 minutes after power-up the lock
light came on.

This is unit S/N 1253.  I think the only
option it has is the 1 MHz/100 kHz output.

I connected both my GPSDO and this thing to
my O-scope and can see that the GPSDO is
slightly faster.   With the scope triggering
on the 4060, it takes right at 8 minutes
for the GPSDO to advance by one full cycle.

Reading on list archives, it seems to me that
the 4060 needs to be tweaked to match the GPSDO.

I have printed out the manual for the 4060 and
I will read about that and see what I can figure out.

I also think I will measure the one-cycle-advance
time period over the course of the next few days
and see if it changes much.

Chris
w0ep
Columbus, MS