[time-nuts] Anyone ever put rubidium in an HP 70000 series mainframe?

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sun Dec 30 15:43:07 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM, David Kirkby <david.kirkby at onetel.net> wrote:
> On 30 December 2012 03:04, ewkehren <ewkehren at aol.com> wrote:
>> I do feed a Rb in to all my istruments including my 70000 spectrum analser. I had two choices 301 or create 100 Mhz.
>
> I'm not sure what a 301 is, so it means little to me.

70310A

http://www.home.agilent.com/en/pd-1000001661%3Aepsg%3Apro-pn-70310A/precision-frequency-reference

>> There blank modulrs available but make sure you get one with power module, power comming from the mainframe is if I recall 48 KHz.
>> Bert Kehren
>
> I've never seen a blank 70000 series module, but a friend of mine
> tells me they fetch a fortune on eBay.

Depends. But, yes they are quite uncommon.

If you know your always going to have an external 10 MHz, what you
need is a 70310A Option 002. Option 002 deletes the oscillator (and
the battery pack).

But I've only once seen an option 002. My take is if you had the $'s
to buy a MMS setup, you just went ahead and got the full unit.

-pete