[time-nuts] FE-5680A programming connector pinout

Elio Corbolante eliocor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:31:29 UTC 2012

I modified my previous pinout image adding some more info (thanks to John
and Rex for their suggestions):
you can find them at the following addresses:

JPG format (1.4MB):
<
http://www.rhodiatoce.com/pics/time-nuts/FE-5680A/FE-5680A_annotated_001.jpg

Editable Adobe photoshop format (40MB):
<
http://www.rhodiatoce.com/pics/time-nuts/FE-5680A/FE-5680A_annotated_001.psd

Whole PCB, bottom view (4.2MB) at 1200dpi resolution (3878x5853px):
<http://www.rhodiatoce.com/pics/time-nuts/FE-5680A/FE-5680A_BottomView.jpg>

If needed, I can put higher resolution images of the PCB: I will try to
prepare a picture of the other side of the PCB, but I have to check if I am
able to disassemble the FE-5680A PCB without any damage... Let me know if
you need them.

I would like to have a dead FE-5680A to strip its main components and
getting a more detailed view of the connections between the logical parts
(CPU/Memory/CPLD). Any offers?

Other findings:
the connection between the CPU (*DS80C323END*) and the external memory chip
(*PSD813F1V-20UI) is exactly the one described on Figure 23 at page 47 in
the PSD datasheet <
http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00024482.pdf
>.

_       Elio Corbolante.