[time-nuts] Building a GPSDO & trouble using Jupiter-T

Roberto Barrios rbarrioss at msn.com
Fri Feb 3 09:58:17 UTC 2012

Long time ago I built a Jupiter-T companion board that included the loop
filter, divider and phase detector for the James Miller GPSDO. It also
includes a PIC that monitors the NMEA strings and displays different status
data via LEDs, and outputs data via RS232.

http://www.rbarrios.com/projects/10KGPSDO/

I used an ISOTEMP OCXO and it worked well.I also tried to implement a lock
detection mechanism, first based on timing the phase detector and sencondly
monitoring the swings of the EFC. I was not very happy with any of those
solutions and finally gave up. Details are in the code.

Text is in spanish but you really don't need to read it, it is very, very
basic for you time-nuts. If anyone has a suggestion for a better lock
detection solution applicable here, I'd love to know about it.

Best regards,
Roberto EB4EQA