[time-nuts] Morion MV89 output level?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Feb 9 12:28:16 UTC 2012

Hi

It's a solder seal can and if you have the right gear it comes open easy. If you happen to have a 1KW RF induction heater they are very easy to open. If by the odd chance you don't have one of those, a nice big soldering iron (or two) can come in handy. Solder wick and working your way around the seal twice seems to be the most direct approach. Vacuum desoldering also works, but I find the wick does a quicker job.

Don't go to crazy, it does take time to heat the can (either way) and the can will get hot. A vice with non-melting plastic jaws is handy for holding it while you work. A piece of leather on the jaws can be a substitute. Don't clamp it directly in metal jaws or you will have a tough time getting the seal hot enough.

All of that assumes you want to put it back together. If you don't then cutting it open is *much* faster :)….

Bob