[time-nuts] Morion MV89 output level?

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Thu Feb 9 13:03:48 UTC 2012

I use a hot gun directing heat on the soldered edge. Use a soldering iron
and the solder wick as suggested gives the best result, in my opinion. It
helps if more than 1 working around the OCXO as at some moment you have to
use one or two pins to lift the bottom cover using pliers. I have done this
job here at work and recovered  the few MV201 that can't heat up (frequency
too low at the output). Usually it was a resistor not soldered at one end.
In one case there was the crystal inductor not soldered (missing 10MHz at
the output) . Heating the bottom avoids the label meltdown too.