[time-nuts] Morion MV89 output level?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Feb 10 09:28:31 UTC 2012

> Did you ever run any tests on those UCT double oven OCXOs?

Only to the extent of running a short (10-minute) HDEV test after a ~2 hour
warmup, to see if it was capable of anything interesting near t=10s to
t=30s.  It showed about 2E-12, and the PN was nothing special, so I didn't
do anything else with it.  I'll leave one running for a few days and try it.

>I've found
> them to be freaky-stable long term.   I have retrofitted a lot of Tek
> DC510/5010 counters with them and after over two years,  the last digit is
> still right on.

They would probably be good for homebrew GPSDOs, given their small size.
Perhaps a Thunderbolt refit.

-- john