[time-nuts] GPS lock of the FE5680. Current experiment and question

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 00:48:08 UTC 2012

Hang on here. If the signal was 10 MHz for ref and RB its easy as suggested
here XOR gates and such.

But the GPS is a 1 second interval and the RB is 10 Mhz. So the GPS 1
second is the reference. Thats much harder then dealing with 100 Hz or up.
So the answer I have seen which seems to fit is Bobs comments earlier.
That is the numbers/thinking are right and it would take a really long gate
time to become more accurate.
I may get a slight improvement by using the better reciever that has a
tighter 1 PPS. I do see what I am betting is a jitter on the Novatel. But
its not a timing receiver.

Regards
Paul.