[time-nuts] GPS noise plots

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Feb 11 21:19:26 UTC 2012

Nothing new or exciting here, but I did some measurements of three GPS
sources -- M12+/TAC2, M12+/CNS Clock II with sawtooth correction, and
Z3801A -- to see what their short-term noise looked like, and got some
pretty pictures:

http://www.febo.com/pages/gps_pps/index.html

Thanks to John Miles' wonderful, excellent TimeLab software, it's
ridiculously easy now to do this sort of data collection.  I add a
couple more superlatives and throw in an exclamation point if only it
worked under Linux.* :-)

John

* A first attempt to run it under Wine resulted in an error before even
getting the window open; haven't had a chance yet to see if that can be
worked around.