[time-nuts] Entering Altitude for Thunderbolt

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 18:44:11 UTC 2012

John

I have Not seen any reliable consistent way to predict what the Tbolt will
use for it's altitude, It seems to just do it's own thing.
It is certainly NOT the same as the Oncore's answers.
To get close and see if the different is  30 meters etc,  take the Tbolt out
of fixed location and watch it's reported location for a while and then you
add whatever correction that seems closest to your others altitude.
For self check, If you get any of the Tbolt's locations wrong, It will do
large Phase jumps as the sat switch.
If its is happy with it's location settings, and there is a good antenna
signal there will be almost no sudden phase jumps as sat change.

ws

[time-nuts] Entering Altitude for Thunderbolt
John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com

That's an experiment I should run, but the current experiment requires
setting the Tbolt to the same coordinates as the other units, so I'm just
looking to do that. :-)